Archaelogy rules ?


I like to think that archaeology rules, I know it's sound weird, and looks that I'm complete crazy about my career, but the truth is that I'm not sure, and all the time I'm doubting about what I'm exactly  doing here, really archaeology rules ?, of course that no, no one’s knows about what it is and in every family reunion I have to explain what I’m studying and if I have opportunities for work in the future and of course everyone asking why I chose that, always in a kindness way.

When I was in school, I always participated in activities with social purposes and since that time is that help people is one of the thing that make me  feels most grateful than anything, the experiences and how people looks happy it’s something that I don’t know how to explain, I think that was when everything started, from that moment  I was completely sure about what I want to do, if I have to spend five or more years studying, I want that have sense and not just for the money.

Imagen relacionada
But when I started to look about social careers or things like that I felt that it wasn’t for me, I don't how to explain, but what they taught it wasn't enough for me. Other important matter is that I always loved history, but study just that I feel like doesn’t have a social role, I feel that historian see everything from a separate perspective and sometimes forget that he is writing the history of people, the same that with they live. In that moment I thought in anthropology, but I always loved the art and every expression of beauty and feelings, so archaeology seemed like a great option because of the work with materials and history, but the social role continues being the problem even when I chose that, and I have been studying for 3 years.



I really prefer think that I can change the things in our discipline, I know how complicates it would be, but I believe in the social role of the archaeology, we works with people, with the things that they do, and with the history that they put in them, I want to help to rescue that meanings, but I don’t want to seems like someone more important than common  people, I want to work with them, to  create something that people feels like yours, maybe I'm not going to  changes their lives or make them millionaires, but I like to believe that they will be happy, living with sense like they ancestors did.





Comentarios

  1. I think that is the problem with most careers in the social area, they are sold as opportunities to generate great changes, which in the end are truncated by lots of institutional obstacles. I think the challenge is not to lower your arms, and believe and realize that yes it is possible to change things, maybe you do not become millionaire, but your life will make sense and you will surround yourself with very positive energy!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favourite type of movie

My future job

My four dogs